Exams are over! Congratulations to all students who have made it through. Now it’s time to celebrate and here is a list of the best ways to do exactly that in this great city.
- The Eagle Bar: the University bar on the Melbourne Campus is the perfect place to catch up with friends after your final exam. Have a drink or a bite to eat, listen to live music, dance to a great DJ, or simply sit and relax under the retractable glass canopy or in the courtyard overlooking La Trobe’s stunning gardens.
- Turn your brain off: your brain has probably been in overdrive all semester – one great way to switch it off and relax for a while is at a movie marathon! Most cinemas will hold movie marathons periodically and with certain themes, go to their websites for more information.
- Regional adventure: Grab your friends and head for the coast or the hills. There is no better way to appreciate your freedom from study than a day on one of Australia’s gorgeous beaches or in our beautiful mountain ranges.
- End of Exams party: the La Trobe Student Union regularly holds end of exams parties and everyone is invited! A great way to make new friends from uni while watching quality music acts.
- Spoil yourself: grab a copy of The Age Good Food Guide, and go to one of Melbourne’s best restaurants.
- Get exhilarated: sick of being cooped up studying indoors? Do something to get your senses working! Bungee jumping, skydiving, caving, rock-climbing, abseiling, laser tag – it doesn’t matter what you choose, any of these adventure sports are bound to help you shake off the study slump you’ve been in. Visit redballoon.com.au for a list of adventures for a good price.