Like many international students, you may get a part-time or casual job while you study in Australia if your visa allows. It is important to know your rights in the workplace.
The Fair Work Ombudsman has developed a fact sheet to help international students understand their basic workplace rights, where to obtain information, and how to seek assistance from the Fair Work Ombudsman. Topics covered in the fact sheet include but are not limited to:
- What is the difference between full-time, part-time and casual work?
- What are my minimum rights and conditions at work?
- What is not okay at work?
- Can my employer pay me in cash?
- When should I contact the Fair Work Ombudsman?
For further information, contact the Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94 or visit fairwork.gov.au.