It is a visa requirement that you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your student visa – you will have already paid for your health insurance as part of accepting your La Trobe offer. This means that if you purchased OSHC through La Trobe International, you are covered from the moment that you arrive in Australia, even if you haven’t received a membership card yet.
Note: students from Belgium, Norway or Sweden, may be exempt from needing OSHC through an arrangement with their government.
Download the My OSHC Assistant App from the App store or Google Play and have easy access to:
- instant e-membership card. (You don’t have to order a physical card as Doctors and Hospitals will accept the e-card)
- easy access to your policy Information
- set up your security PIN
- find a Doctor using the GPS network on your mobile
- medical term translator (up to 20 languages)
- submit your claim from your mobile.
Alternatively, you can also meet an Allianz Global Assistance Client Services Representative on Campus to assist you with your health matters Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, on level 3 of the Sylvia Walton Building, Melbourne Campus.