Summer is almost here – so it’s time to break out your swimsuit and check out some of the stunning beaches Melbourne has to offer:
- Brighton Beach: Famous for its quaint, colourful bathing boxes, Brighton Beach is the perfect setting for a day by the water. Throw another shrimp on the free public barbecues, or make use of the windsurfing, yachting and boating facilities.
- St Kilda Beach: Stroll along a sandy beach savouring a delicious ice cream, then head to an historic amusement park. Only 15 minutes from the city, St Kilda Beach is one of Melbourne’s most popular beaches. Surrounded by cafes, bars and restaurants, there is plenty to do and see.
- Williamstown Beach: Take a walk along the foreshore, then stop for some fish and chips and dog-watching. See the sun set, or catch the ferry across to St Kilda to get a different view of the water.
- Port Melbourne Beach: If you use Instagram, Port Melbourne Beach is the place to go. Lined with palm trees, this long beach has two piers. Easily accessible by tram, bus, and car, the beach is located near Bay Street, which is full of great cafes and restaurants.
- Elwood Beach: Great for water sports such as jet skiing, kite surfing, and paddle boarding. This picturesque beach has numerous nearby parks, cafes and restaurants, and is easily accessible via public transport.
Don’t forget to slip on a shirt, slop on some sunscreen and slap on a hat!