Darebin City Council is hosting a guided tour to some of the iconic places of worship in Darebin. The tour offers an opportunity to explore Darebin’s rich cultural, linguistic and religious communities.
Date & Time: Thursday, 27th July 2017, 9:30am–4:00pm
The following locations will be visited:
- Spiritual Healing Trail at Darebin Parklands (Legacy of the late, respected Aboriginal Elder, Uncle Reg Blow)
- St. Mark’s Coptic Church (morning tea served)
- Preston Seventh-Day Advent Church (lunch served)
- Australian Albanian Prespa Association (Reservoir Mosque) (afternoon tea served)
4:00pm Finish and drop-off at departure point.
Please wear comfortable shoes and modest clothing suitable for places of worship. You may be asked to remove your shoes or cover your head to enter some areas. Be sure to bring your umbrella.
RSVP by the 25th July:
This is a free event including bus transport and catering. However, registration is essential as spaces are limited. The program only supports 55 passengers on the bus. If you are unable to join the tour on this occasion, you will be prioritised for future tours.
To register and for further information, contact:
- Aziz Cooper, phone 8470 8519 or email Aziz.Cooper@darebin.vic.gov.au