It’s easy to choose Christmas gifts that are beautiful, useful, and also make a difference to the world.
Some tips for sustainable gift buying this Christmas:
- Shop local
- Look for certification like Fair Trade and Cruelty Free
- Get crafty and make a truly unique DIY gift
- Give an experience; a day out, lunch or day spa treatment
- Wrap gifts in tea towels, material cut offs or children’s drawings/artwork
- Give charity gift cards (see Oxfam Unwrapped) and help transform lives of those living in poverty
- Send an e-card to save money and trees, reuse last year’s Christmas cards and turn them into gift tags or if you prefer sending a new card choose those made from recycled paper and/or cards that support a charity.
To know the social and environmental impact of your gifts, browse and shop with the Good on You online store – you can choose from 15,000 products from mainstream and niche brands, each of them rated for how well they affect the earth and its people and animals.
If you have any questions or feedback relating to sustainability on campus, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org