The International Student Services team is now using the Ask a Question online form instead of email to receive and respond to all general enquiries from our international students.
You can also submit any international forms e.g. Course Transfer-International using Ask a Question by attaching a scanned copy of the form, so you don’t need to drop off your forms in person.
Every time you use Ask a Question, you will receive an automatic email to your student account so you know your question has been submitted successfully, and an approximate response time.We will soon be closing our email address: email@example.com, so we encourage you all to start submitting your questions online from now.
So, how do I contact the International Student Services team now?
If you are a current international student and you have a question about your studies at La Trobe or need some advice from the International Student Services team, there are a few different ways that you can contact us:
1. Search the FAQs online
La Trobe International has developed a series of answers to common questions we receive from our international students. By searching the FAQs online here you may be able to find an answer to your question by yourself. This will save you time if your question is straightforward!
2. Ask us a question
You can submit an online question to La Trobe International and we will send a response to your student email account. Complete the following steps:
- Go to: ASK La Trobe – Current Students webpage and click on ASK A QUESTION
- Click on and select a category and sub-category, then click Oke.g. Student Life & Support Services, Visa and international student support
- If you are an international student with a student visa, answer “Yes” to this question
- Type your question in the box and click on if you need to attach any documents or forms. Then click Continue
- Before submitting your question, the system might recognize your query and offer some potential answers. If this information is not enough, you can click Finish Submitting Question.
- After submission, your question will be sent to the correct team and you will receive an automatic email to advise you who will respond – this will be either an ASK La Trobe Adviser or an International Student Services Officer.
3. Contact us by phone
You can contact the La Trobe International by phone on +61 3 9479 1199 during business hours, Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm. An International Student Services Officer will be able to answer your question, or refer it to another staff member in La Trobe International for more specialised advice.
For students at regional campuses, you can also contact your campus International Student Services team directly. Go to Contact La Trobe International to find the contact details at your campus.
We also have a 24 hour student hotline on 1800 758 360 that you can call after hours when the La Trobe International office closed. This number is also available on weekends and public holidays.
4. Visit us at La Trobe International reception
The La Trobe International reception is located on Level 3, Sylvia Walton Building at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus. So, you can always come and visit us in person to ask your question. We are open during business hours, Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm.