Be quick! Applications close 11 March
- Are you passionate about contributing to a positive student experience for all La Trobe international students?
- Do you have leadership skills and the capacity to take initiative?
- Can you commit to attend two-hour hour meeting, every six weeks, for 12 months – on top of your study responsibilities?
- Are you seeking a challenging and unique experience?
If you said Yes to all of these, read on!
International Student Services (ISS) deliver an extensive range of programs and events designed to support the international student body. ISS believe that the students’ voice is essential to improve services and enhance the engagement of international students with the University community as well as their academic and professional success. ISS values diverse student input.
The ISS International Student Leadership Committee (i-Lead) will:
- provide ongoing consultation to ISS staff, through focus groups, on all matters related to the international student experience
- assist in the planning and delivery of ISS programs, projects and events
- have opportunities to propose, develop and implement their own programs, projects and events
- contribute to the activities of ISS as requested
- meet regularly, with a predetermined agenda and subsequent actions. Meetings will be chaired and minuted
- be supervised and mentored by ISS staff
- receive training relevant to the position
i-LEAD COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
ISS are seeking twelve (12) La Trobe students to form the 2018 Student Leadership Committee. Selection is based on meeting eligibility criteria, a written application and interview. The i-Lead Committee will be constituted by students from all campuses and will ideally comprise of students from a broad range of academic disciplines, year levels, cultural backgrounds and equity groups. Higher Degree Research (HDR) students as well as students who live on campus will also make up the membership, as well as domestic students with a demonstrated interest in supporting the international student experience. I-Lead is a volunteer program and members do not receive an income.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Members of the ISS i-Lead Committee will gain significant professional skills. All members will receive free training relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the Committee. Membership will enhance your employment profile and your contribution to La Trobe will be formally recognised by La Trobe University.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SELECTION
- Must have completed at least one semester (Bachelors) and not be entering the final semester of final year (all levels). First semester coursework postgraduates are eligible; HDR students at any stage prior to their final twelve months are eligible.
- Minimum WAM 65. HDR students must have satisfactory progression.
- Must be available for a 12 months membership and can commit to at least two hours every 4-6 weeks
- Must be available to attend compulsory training and induction (dates TBC, likely late-March/early April 2018)
- Must complete application form and (if selected to next stage), attend an interview (interview dates TBC, likely mid-March)
HOW TO APPLY & ENQUIRIES
Application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LaTrobei-LeadApplicationForm
Applications due: 5pm 11th March 2018.
Enquiries: Kylie Ligertwood on firstname.lastname@example.org