International Host receives Customer Service Champion award!

We are very proud of our International hosts, and this year, one of our Triage hosts was nominated and received a La Trobe Customer Service Champion award! Congratulations Dina!!!

Dina Thankon Jacob is one of our international students from India that started her course in July 2017 and volunteered as an International Triage Host in February 2018. Dina shares our passion for helping others and since she started her studies, she has joined several different University Clubs and teams, including us in International Support Services (ISS), LTSU, Connect Volunteer and FOCUS.

ISS Triage Hosts are international students that help and guide new arriving students during Check-in and Orientation weeks. We couldn’t be more happy for you!

Being part of ISS Triage host family was amazing! I made lots of friends during this time!

Someone once said, “the first impression is to be the best impression”, and this is what we did. We were the first point of contact for the new arriving students to our university, we greeted them with a warm and pleasant smile and helped them all their different questions. 

The motivation, support and encouragement from the ISS team boosted us to work efficiently and effectively. I enjoyed being an international host as I was being myself. I was shocked when I received the Customer service champion award! The support and guidance that I received from the ISS team and my co-volunteers were incredible that it is one of the reasons why I received this award. The dedication and combined effort of my team paid me with an                                                                                                            award.”

Dina T. Jacob