International Student became the 200,000 La Trobe graduate

One of our international students from India, Harsha Iruvaram was awarded a Master of International Business after two years of study and became the 200,000th student to graduate from La Trobe!!

It feels unbelievable and this will stay forever with me.”

The 26-year-old was unaware that he was the 200,000th graduate until after his name was announced on the podium. It was a lovely surprise for him and those who attended the ceremony.

Harsha – who moved to Australia from his hometown of Hyderabad – said while leaving his life in India was hard, he felt immensely proud of his decision to study at La Trobe.

I love the campus, I love La Trobe. International Business is what attracted me,” “It had the subjects that I wanted to do – customer relationship management, dealing with different nationalities and different cultures.” Mr Iruvaram said.

Deputy Chancellor, Andrew Eddy presented Harsha with his degree, while Professor John Dewar joined them both and presented Harsha with flower and congratulations on behalf of the University.

Professor Dewar was thrilled to see such a special effort made for this historic moment.

“Harsha is a very clever young man and it was wonderful to see the look on his face as he was announced the 200,000th graduate”, Professor Dewar said.