The Welcome Dinner Project and its partner Welcome to Australia, are holding a Community Welcome Dinner at Siteworks in Brunswick during Unity Week on the 26th October. The dinner will provide an opportunity for people from all walks of life and different cultures to eat together, share delicious food, make new connections and celebrate inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging. Be touched and entertained by stories of life, love and change from the people you meet. Find out how much our multicultural and multifaith communities have in common. You will be surprised!
Entry is FREE and everyone in the family is invited to come along. Each adult should bring a favourite dish or one traditional to their culture to share, “potluck style”, with the other people who will be seated at their table. Guests will be asked to share a short story about their dish as a way of introducing themselves to their table mates.
- When and where? 6pm, Friday 26th October at Siteworks – 33 Saxon St. Brunswick 5056.
- How do I sign up? Entry is free but register online here.
- What do I need to do to participate? Bring a ready-to-serve dish to represent your culture/country.
- What food shall I bring? Bring a savoury or sweet dish to share with other guests. Please bring food that does not require heating or assembling at the venue as there will not be cooking facilities available on event day. We will contact you before the event to answer any questions.
- I have special dietary requirements. Can I attend? Yes. All guests will introduce their dishes and the ingredients before dinner starts.
- Can children attend the event? Yes. Although please make sure to let us know if you are bringing a toddler, so we can arrange a high chair if necessary.
For more information visit: Unity Week Community Welcome Dinner