Rotary International Student Weekend Stay

International Student Services (ISS) and Rotary E-Club are delighted to report that the inaugural “International Student Weekend Stay” went off without a hitch from the 21st to the 23rd of September, and was a huge success, according to participants.

Under this new partnership between La Trobe University and Rotary E-club Latrobe, eight International students spent the weekend with seven Rotary Host families across regional Victoria learning a little about the “Australian” way of life and seeing more of Victoria. The program provides a valuable opportunity for local families and international students to participate in a cultural and friendship exchange. 

My Hosts always explained things to me and answered all my questions patiently. They also told me things I might be interested in so that I could learn lots of new things about life in Yea. We did lots of different kinds of activities together. I feel glad and happy that I am now part of my host family. I hope there are more Programs like this in the future, so students can know more about Australian culture and lifestyle and see how beautiful it is.” 

Amy, Bachelor of Business (Marketing) student from Vietnam

Do you want to be part of the next Rotary International Student Weekend Stay?

Applications will be open next year and will be advertised via La Trobe Times and our Connect Facebook group.