All of us here at La Trobe International wish the best for your exams.
We hope they are going well so far. We know you are super busy right now so here are just a few brief but important messages about examinations:
- Triple check the allowable material/s, time and venue for the exam – do this before the day of the exam.
- Triple check your pockets before going into the exam. Put everything except the allowable materials in a bag and keep it under your seat.
- Understand how to apply for Special Consideration. Remember, you have 3 working days after the exam to submit the application and you must submit evidence. If you are sick on the day of the exam and either miss the exam or have to leave early, make sure you go to the doctor on the day of the exam. If you have been affected by illness, take a blank Medical Impact Statement to your doctor/health professional appointment. Backdated Medical Impact Statements will not be accepted.
- If you are thinking about cheating in an exam, don’t. The exam supervisors are very good at identifying cheating behaviours. If you get caught cheating in an exam, you will likely receive zero for the exam at a minimum or zero for the entire subject. Sometimes students who cheat in an exam are suspended or excluded from their studies at La Trobe.
- Find your strength and trust its source.
- Reward your effort after each exam with a movie or a tasty meal but stay disciplined until all your exams are finished. Keep the support of your family and friends nearby with phone calls, coffee/tea catch ups, FaceTime & social media.
- If you are having a really difficult time and need to talk to someone, do it! You can reach out to International Student Services (Support), La Trobe Counsellingor use the after-hours International Student helpline: 1800 758 360
Good luck with your exams!