Applying for a Temporary Graduate Visa?

After graduation, it can feel like you’re entering a whole new world. Suddenly, there are resumes to write, future studies to consider, career pathways to decide on, job applications to make, interviews to attend, work visas to apply for, healthcare plans to think about… sometimes, it can all feel a little overwhelming.

 If you’re interested in working in Australia, make sure you submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect, the online visa application system run by the Department of Home Affairs. While the EOI itself is not a visa application, it can introduce you to potential employers in Australia. This may lead to them supporting your visa application.

In submitting an EOI, you may have to:

  • Undertake recognised English proficiency tests
  • Undergo a health examination
  • Demonstrate relevant and valid qualifications

For more information on work visas, check out this handy guide.

I finished my degree, can I work in Australia?

Temporary Graduate Visas are granted to people who wish to work in Australia, who have recently graduated from an Australian education institution. More information available on the Department of Home Affairs.

Skilled Migrant Visas are granted to people with specific skills that Australian employers require. Apply via SkillSelect.