If you are a current student (both domestic and international) who would like to become an International Student Host during the International Check-in and Orientation for semester 2 2019, 15-26 July, you are invited to apply.
International Student Hosts help to create a vibrant host program that supports newly arrived international students and introduces them to new people, La Trobe University and the city of Melbourne.
It is a great way to make new friends, gain skills and connections, and be recognised for your contribution to the University. Both domestic and international students are encouraged to apply.
- You must be a currently enrolled student and have already completed at least one semester of studies at La Trobe University
- You must be available for the compulsory Host Training Day (Monday 1 July)
- You must attend task briefing once you have been assigned a role
- You must be available for a minimum of 5 shifts during the Check-in and Orientation period, Semester 2, 2019 (15 to 26 July – note you are NOT expected to be on duty every day).
- You must NOT be engaged as a Check-in staff member or a Connect Volunteer during the above period.
Please complete your Expression of Interest online. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview (date to be advised). Successful applicants will be notified by email by Monday 17 June.
Please note that this is a volunteer role. Hosts receive a certificate and letter of reference and reimbursement for travel and meal expenses, but it is not a paid role.
Please direct any inquiries to Anna Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more, and register your application, go here.