Applications are open to all current, enrolled international students at La Trobe University for a $1,000 bursary to be awarded towards a professional development activity within their chosen field of studies. The bursary is aimed at assisting international students with career pathways and may include attendance at conferences, seminars, training, workshops, or events that will contribute to the student’s networking, development of skills and experience, and supplementing learning opportunities.
Successful awardees will be required to report on their activity (300-500 words), show evidence of participation, and provide receipts and budget acquittal within two weeks of completion. Awardees will also be interviewed and photographed and may be invited to take part in additional marketing opportunities for La Trobe and IDP.
- Must be an enrolled international student at any of La Trobe’s campuses
- Must have completed one semester or six months of their course
- Must have a WAM (Weighted Average Mark) of 65 or more (Research and PhD students are welcome to apply; no WAM required)
- Must be able to complete the professional development activity within the duration of the degree
- Must agree to be part of marketing activities for La Trobe and IDP if successful
In 2019 there are ten (10) bursaries of $1,000 to be awarded. Applications are open from 22 May to 2 August. Students from all campuses are welcome to apply. Terms and conditions apply. Successful awardees will be notified and invited to an award ceremony. Apply now.
For more information, please contact La Trobe International Student Services, via ASK La Trobe, visiting the International Student Services representative on your campus, or phoning (03) 9479 1199.