We welcome our new international students who have commenced studies at La Trobe University. We also extend a warm welcome to all returning international students. We wish you well!
Studying overseas is a rewarding experience, but challenging so we have a lot of support services to help you succeed in your studies.
Where to get help:
Ask La Trobe is your online and face-to-face help service that gives all students access to:
- 24/7 online FAQs,
- Ask a question online enquiry form,
- Phone support on one number: 1300 LATROBE (1300 528 762),
- face-to-face Help Zones on our Melbourne and Bendigo campuses.
International Student Services can provide advice and guidance on a whole range of issues from your studies to accommodation, visa, health, making friends, volunteering and finding work, and getting connected in Melbourne. You can visit the team in person or contact International Student Services through the following:
- Ph: 03 9479 1199
- Online: Ask a question
24-hour student support hotline
If you need help after-hours (at night, during public holidays or on the weekends) call 1800 758 360 – we want to help you with anything you might be worried about (Calls are free from landlines, but standard call rates apply from mobile phones).
Important note: as an international student, you need to follow your student visa conditions:
1) maintain a full-time enrolment so that you can complete your course within your current CoE duration.
2) Keep your contact details updated including current mailing address with the University.
The Library is where our students spend most of the time at Uni. Find more ways to make the most of your Library at La Trobe.
See yourself needing extra help while you’re at Uni? Find the service that’s right for you.