Build your career: register now for La Trobe’s Industry Mentoring Program

Are you looking to map your career, expand your professional network and gain a competitive edge when applying for jobs? The La Trobe Career Ready Industry Mentoring Program is currently inviting motivated students to register to engage with an industry-based mentor in Semester 2 2020.

Open to all current students over the age of 18 that have completed their first year of study, and supported by La Trobe University staff, Industry Mentoring is a flexible program over 12 weeks that you and your mentor tailor to your career aspirations and personal development.

What can you gain from the Industry Mentoring Program?

• Career guidance and advice from an industry professional, including La Trobe alumni
  • Connect with industry and expand your professional network
  • Develop confidence communicating with industry professionals
  • Help map career progression
  • Counts towards the Career Ready Advantage Award

Survey results from student mentees in 2019 revealed that 96.8% of responders were confident with their career direction on completion of the program. 94% indicated that their mentor was well matched to their desired professional development goals.

Learn more about the Industry Mentoring Program, and register today. Step 1: Register and create your mentee profile.
We’ll use this information to match you to a mentor, so provide as much information as possible.

Step 2: Register for a briefing session in June/July.
You’ll receive a link to this once your profile has been accepted.
Step 3: Mentoring begins August 3, 2020

REGISTER NOW

Matthew’s Story – Final year Politics, Philosophy and Economics student, and 2019 Industry Mentoring participant.

Mentee Matthew

“The program was very well structured and planned out, which made the whole process of connecting with my mentor seamless. I felt supported throughout the whole process by my mentor and La Trobe staff.”

The Industry Mentoring Program has allowed me to develop a better understanding of industry and to develop strategies for securing employment after graduation. My future professional plans will be positively shaped by the discussions I have had with my mentor, and I feel I am in a better position to anticipate and face some of the challenges that may come my way. I also feel more confident in developing my professional network and to collaborate with existing professionals in industry.

Jess’s Story – third yearParamedicine student (Bendigo), and 2019 Industry Mentoring participant.

Through the mentoring program Jess was paired with a Bendigo paramedic, an alumna of the course’s first cohort.

Mentee Jess

“It was really good to be able to hear her stories. It made me more excited for what’s to come. This mentorship is probably the best thing I’ve done and now that I know my mentor, I’ll have her as a contact for the rest of my career.”

“I’m really grateful for her willingness to help a complete stranger to the extent that she did. The
experience turned one of the most stressful semesters into a much easier time and I ended up doing really well.

Learn more about the Industry Mentoring Program, and register today. Semester 2 Mentoring round begins August 3, 2020.

REGISTER NOW

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Industry Mentoring Coordinator at mentoring@latrobe.edu.au