Focus On… La Trobe University Soccer Club (LUSC) – Around the World! Part 3

In the final installment of our three-part series, meet Jørgen Andreas Gjestvang from Norway and Marina Baglietto from Argentina.

Remember to go to the dedicated La Trobe Sport webpage for further information about the LUSC, or any of the other LTU sports clubs.

Jørgen Andreas Gjestvang, Norway

Favourite memory from the club:
My favourite memories from my time with LUSC are all the chants and celebrations after all of our victories. Nothing feels better than achieving something together as a team with those guys!

Why I love the game:
I love the game because it is so much about strategy, passion and feelings. There are so many different ways of playing football making every match unique! It builds bridges and open up doors. Personally it gave me an amazing oportunity to meet a lot of nice and friendly people at La Trobe I would never meet if it wasnt through football. Thank you guys for all the unforgettable memories and giving me an amazing exchange semester at La Trobe!

Fun fact:
Before leaving Australia I shipped my stuff back to Norway but didn’t add my La Trobe keeper training gear since I still used it, so i ended up bringing it with me through Asia for a month before getting to Norway! When leaving Singapore I found out it took up way too much space so I had to buy a new suitcase to fit it all!

Marina Baglietto, Argentina

Why you love the game: well.. saying that Argentinians love football is an understatement. We live and breathe the game! The feeling I get from playing and watching soccer is indescribable.

Fun fact: Maradona watched me play soccer once in Dubai. I was playing against his girlfriend at the time. He said I played like Drogba (maybe not a compliment) but he was quite nice.

Thank you for joining us as we traveled around the world with the La Trobe University Soccer Club. We look forward to showcasing other La Trobe University clubs and societies in our “Focus On…” series in coming weeks. Join us on this journey of discovery!